The associate senior lecturer position involves research of up to 70% as well as a specially designed development programe with leadership training, courses on teaching and learning in higher education, communication training, and courses on writing funding applications. In addition to having access to existing research infrastructure, the position holders are offered special grants for own research and development. If you have high ambitions within both research and teaching.
- teaching portfolio.
- Importance is also attached to experience and qualifications in terms of collaboration with society, of which the University is a part, as well as in terms of national and international experience and mobility.
- Leadership skills are assessed mainly based on the candidates’ leadership experience and qualifications from within research and education.
- Great importance is also attached to suitability, that is, personal characteristics required to perform the duties and responsibilities at hand, to cooperate with other members of staff, and to contribute to the development of Örebro University’s operations. The person we are looking for has good interpersonal and cooperative skills, power of initiative, an interest in development efforts, and the aim set for a career within academia.
- Good communicative skills, in speech and in writing and in both Swedish and English, is mandatory. If a candidate does not meet either of the language criteria, they may still be appointed on the condition that they dedicate themself to acquiring the knowledge required, in the long term, to be able to teach and supervise in both Swedish and English.
Promotion to senior lecturer
Duties and responsibilities
- When filling this associate senior lecturer position, the main focus will be on the candidates’ research expertise. As the position holder will be expected to pursue a great deal of the research autonomously, experience of planning and leading research projects and a demonstrated ability to receive research grants are considered a particular asset.
- Covering letter
- Teaching portfolio (as instructed in Örebro University’s guidelines)
- An account of research qualifications
- Copies of relevant course/degree certificates and references
- Scientific publications for consideration (maximum of 10)
'via Blog this'